PRIVATE POLICY NOTICE
RAS TITLE, LLC, a Florida limited liability company
RAS Title, LLC respects the privacy and security of your non-public personal information (“Personal Information”) and protecting your Personal Information is one of our top priorities. Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”) generally prohibits any financial institution, directly or through its affiliates, from sharing non-public personal information about you with a non-affiliated third party unless the institution provides you with a notice of its privacy policies and practices, such as the type of information that it collects about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom it may be disclosed. In compliance with GLBA, we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies and practices of RAS Title, LLC.
Personal Information Collected
We may collect Personal Information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you such as on applications or other forms.
- Information about your transactions we secure from our files, or from our affiliated companies, Robertson, Anschutz & Schneid, PL and City Lien Search or others.;
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
- Information that we receive from others involved in your transaction, such as the real estate agent or lender.
We may disclose any of the above information that we collect about our customers/consumers or former customers/consumers to our affiliates or to non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law.
We also may disclose this information about our customers/consumers or former customers/consumers to the following types of non-affiliated companies that perform services on our behalf or with whom we have joint marketing agreements:
- To insurance agents, brokers, representatives, support organizations, or others to provide you with services you have requested, and to enable us to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud, material misrepresentation, or nondisclosure in connection with an insurance transaction;
- Financial service providers such as companies engaged in banking, consumer finance, securities and insurance.
- Non-financial companies, including but not limited to, notary signing agent companies, associations, licensed survey companies, property insurance agents, listing and selling brokers, mortgage brokers, document archive companies, representatives and other fulfilment service providers.
- An insurance regulatory authority, or a law enforcement or other governmental authority, in a civil action, in connection with a subpoena or a governmental investigation.
- To lenders, lien holders, judgment creditors, or other parties claiming an encumbrance or an interest in title whose claim or interest must be determined, settled, paid or released prior to a title or escrow closing.
WE DO NOT DISCLOSE ANY NON-PUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WITH ANYONE FOR ANY PURPOSE THAT IS NOT SPECIFICALLY PERMITTED BY LAW.
Confidentiality and Security of Personal Information
We restrict access to non-public personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your non-public personal information.
Access to Personal Information/
Requests for Correction, Amendment, or Deletion of Personal Information
As required by applicable law, we will afford you the right to access your Personal Information, under certain circumstances to find out to whom your Personal Information has been disclosed, and request correction or deletion of your Personal Information. However, RAST’s current policy is to maintain customers’ Personal Information for no less than your state’s required record retention requirements for the purpose of handling future coverage claims.
For your protection, all requests made under this section must be in writing and must include your notarized signature to establish your identity. Where permitted by law, we may charge a reasonable fee to cover the costs incurred in responding to such requests. Please send written requests to:
RAS Title, LLC
6409 Congress Avenue, Suite 100
Boca Raton, FL 33487
Attn: REO/Closing Manager
Changes to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be amended from time to time consistent with applicable privacy laws. When we amend this Privacy Statement, we will post a notice of such changes on our website. The effective date of this Privacy Statement, as stated above, indicates the last time this Privacy Statement was revised or materially changed.