NOTICE PRIVACY STATEMENT
Revised June 21, 2017 @ 2:21 PM
We recognize and respect the privacy expectations of today’s consumers and the requirements of applicable federal and state privacy laws. We believe that making you aware of how we use your non-public personal information (“Personal Information”), and to whom it is disclosed, will form the basis for a relationship of trust between us and the public that we serve. This privacy statement provides that explanation. We reserve the right to change this privacy statement from time to time consistent with privacy laws.
In the course of our business, we may collect Personal Information about you from the following sources:
- From applications or other forms we receive from you or your authorized representative;
- From your transaction with, or from the services being performed by us, our affiliates, or others;
- From our internet websites;
- From the public records maintained by governmental entities that either obtained directly from those entities, or from our affiliates or others; and,
- From consumer or other reporting agencies.
Our Policies Regarding the Protection of the Confidentiality and Security of Your
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access or intrusion. We limit access to the Personal Information only to those employees who need such access in connection with providing products or services to you or for other legitimate business purposes.
Our Policies and Practices Regarding the Sharing of Your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates, such as insurance companies, agents, and other real estate settlement service providers. We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To agents, brokers or representatives to provide you with the services you requested;
- To third-party contractors or service providers who provide services or perform marketing or other functions on our behalf; and,
- To others with whom we enter into joint marketing agreements for products or services that we believe you may find of interest.
In addition, we will disclose your Personal Information when you direct or give us permission, when we are required by law to do so, or when we suspect fraudulent or criminal activities. We also may disclose your Personal Information when otherwise permitted by applicable privacy laws such as, for example, when disclosure is needed to enforce our rights arising out of any agreement, transaction or relationship with you.
One of the important responsibilities of some of our affiliated companies is to record documents in the public domain. Such documents may contain your Personal Information.
Privacy Outside the Website
The Website may contain links to other websites. RAS TITLE SERVICES, LLC is not and cannot be responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any of those other websites.
Choices With Your Information
Whether you submit Personal Information or browsing information to RAS TITLE SERVICES, LLC is entirely up to you. If you decide not to submit Personal
Information or browsing information, RAS TITLE SERVICES, LLC may not be able to provide certain services or products to you. The uses of your Personal Information and/or browsing information that, by law, you cannot limit, includes:
- For everyday business purposes – to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), to respond to law enforcement or other governmental authority in connection with an investigation, or civil or criminal subpoenas or court orders, or report to credit bureaus;
- For our own marketing purposes;
- For joint marketing with financial companies; and,
- For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your transactions and experience.
You may choose to prevent RAS TITLE SERVICES, LLC from disclosing or using your Personal Information and/or browsing information under the following circumstances (“opt-out”):
- For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness; and,
- For our affiliates to market to you.
To the extent permitted above, you may Opt-Out of disclosure or use of your Personal Information and browsing information by notifying RAS TITLE SERVICES, LLC by one of the methods at the end of this privacy notice. We do not share your Personal Information with non-affiliates for their direct marketing purposes.
Your Consent to this Privacy Notice
By submitting Personal Information and/or browsing information to RAS TITLE SERVICES, LLC, you consent to the collection and use of the information by us in compliance with this privacy notice. Amendments to the privacy notice will be posted
on the website. Each time you provide information to us, or we receive information about you, following any amendment of this privacy notice will signify your assent to and acceptance of its revised terms for all previously collected information and information collected from you in the future. We may use comments, information or feedback that you submit to us in any manner that we may choose without notice or compensation to you.
Accessing and Correcting Information: Contact Us
If you have questions, would like to access or correct your Personal Information, or want to Opt-Out of information sharing with our affiliates for their marketing purposes, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by U.S. Mail to the address below shown.
Right to Access Your Personal Information and Ability to Correct Errors or Request Changes or Deletion
Certain states afford you the right to access your Personal Information and, under certain circumstances, to find out to whom your Personal Information has been disclosed. Also, certain states afford you the right to request correction, amendment or deletion of your Personal Information. We reserve the right, where permitted by law, to charge a reasonable fee to cover the cost incurred in responding to such requests.